A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, April 11, 2013

hate mirrors

I'm not happy with the shape of your body
or the tone of your skin, or
your voice. I'm not happy with
your hair. Please shave
it is - off-putting, why
would you want to be this way?
On top of the ways that you can't help!
- look. I was more than willing
to settle until you rejected me. But
no.
So now,
sour grapes, "pal"!
Now you get to hear it! Sorry. Maybe
it's for the best, and your
taste in wine - don't make me
laugh. There is so much I could
have taught you. Like how to breathe,
soak in a hot steamy bath,
like how to love smoke
and hate mirrors

No comments: