A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Facebook: a poem

Facebook I am ascared of you
I joined you only because my sister
and sister and other sister, and mom
had put their foot down: no more
sending me family pics! by email
"Facebook is good enough for all:
so why not you?" So I was forced to.

Then I realized it is weird
and then I realized it is dumb,
and nobody is on there who understands me
Facebook is a loneliness in the universe
a connectedness with ugliest sides
of what people say, not caring who hears
- when they'd never say that, in a room!

"Politics and religion," we always shy
away, same people, when in a room
where an eye can catch them - they
are tact personified. On Facebook, though
it is like they must show their ass. Does
it bother me? Fuck

Not really. I always knew what these dicks
and dickesses believed, pretty much. Same shit
half the country does, whichever side you care
to look. Nothing to be surprised about. But
my people keep tearing my people up! Myself,

I don't know why I'm even on
Facebook.

Oh yeah. look

pictures of family.

No comments: