A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

for you

When people say "I'm a fool for you"
I don't think they mean it
literal and true
that they are a fool, and they're cool
with it. I don't think that they mean that,

but I do:

I mean at the end of all things, if you turn
and you say it was all some fun joke -
you were toying with me,
you played me like a tune
as you cracked me,
eggs for omelettes
sizzling to be consumed
(some things just have to be done)

- I'd be fine with that.
Based on what I'm feeling
right now, I would be
fine. The risk is acceptable, and
even the tradeoff
would be.

So great! So good. Best feeling
ever, out of a lifetime of feelings
severed. And yes, it would be well worth being made

a fool,
to be with you.

But of course, I know you'll
never do that, oh you'll
never do that, oh you'll
never do that, oh
you'll never do that.

No comments: