A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 24, 2012

black box with a bow

the top of my head
and the bottom of my heart
part ways all day, and I'm in the dark
'til I lay there in bed, decompress,
compare notes -
they were on the same page, each step
so close!

like the tip of my tongue,
and the back of my mind
have an absolute black out
deaf dumb blind
cut connection
between them
yet still it leaps out,
without anything between
to conduct my mouth

It's a mystery to me how the whole thing works.

let alone
any of it at all,
from what's first
to what governs in the end.
Let the whole thing be
well enough alone
it does its job

okay by me.

No comments: