A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

do proselytize

If I had to live in heaven forever,
I would find a way to make it as much like earth
as the materials would allow

I am no Jehovah's Witness, but
I have a certain sympathy for how they want the earth to go on
forever, in place of Heaven,
and call it The Kingdom.

If I could only live forever, right here,
as I've known it - and me in my body,
as I've known it, why

I'd need just one woman beside me
and I know who she is.

But if she's hearing this -
she thinks it's a lie

1 comment:

Danny Haszard said...

I was a Jehovah's Witness born 3rd generation and I knocked on doors with the Watchtower gospel for 33 years,was in the cult and now I'm out.
Their core dogma is that Jesus 'returned' aka had his second coming October 1914.
Got a blog up about it,Danny Haszard www.dannyhaszard.com