A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, November 07, 2010

party lover

party lover

I'm a

I'm a

party lover,
I love parties

I'll be standing
by the brick part
of the wall
and body-rockin'
subtly
subtly

body-rockin'
I say subtly,
'cause there isn't any
music, really
isn't this a
party? Where's the
music? really,
I can still be
body-rockin'
very, very, very
subtly
subtly

drink in hand and
well away from
anybody

standing over
standing over
by the brick part
of the wall

this is just a
drink I'm drinking
this is just a
thing I saw
I can talk about
ideas
I can talk about
the wall

especially this brick part
right here
check the subtle texture
y'all

there's the girl
I can't go over
she's not quite
the girl at all

she's just sitting
on the quilt part
of the couch -
she looks quite tall
but she could be deceptive, really
sitting down's no way to tell
hey - wait - is she body-rockin'?
subtly, subtly!
what the hell?

maybe I judged prematurely
or she's making fun of me!
- but no,
she sits there,
quite sincerely
body-rockin'

sub
tl
y.

one of us should
probably either
go head over, or
come hither

'cause it's clear we're
both aware this has become
a tense, hair-trigger
standoff duel
misdirection
near-miss
eye-contact
who'll flinch?

each of us with Aldis lamp,
expertly mistiming blinks

shadow-boxing in the dark,
fencing without touching blades, she
wields her hair flip like I wield my
bottle-label-scrutiny

if we keep this up too long
if the moment draws too out
if our gaze, some how some way can't

oops, a hit - a touch!

touché

No comments: