A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 15, 2010

in case of emergency

when the real aliens come,
to take us down,
all our top crypto-science-
fiction experts
had better just shut the fuck up.
I don't want to hear any gloating
from the star wars camp, because
they have laser swords, or from
the star trek camp, because they all
speak English, or from the Asimov camp,
because their robots operate
according to preposterously-flawed
programming constraints.

I want
all these geeks
to just shut the fuck up
and buckle the fuck down, and help
our god-damn unified patriotic military
infrastructure of Earth

to come together

and find some tricky way to beat these bastards.

God!
Is there -

can there be?

- any hope at all?

I wish there was some way we could start working on the problem now.
We simply have no data.

2 comments:

kourtney said...

Ha! I'm not sure exactly how funny you meant this to be, but it made me laugh, so thanks!! :-)

Lunarchick said...

"...just shut the fuck up
and buckle the fuck down, and help..."

- Brilliant! I find this excellent advice for almost any situation.

[My capthca word is "hamlitop"...sounds like a pseudo-French breakfast sandwich to me. I might invent it.)