A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, November 04, 2010

"Are you into me?"

she asked, and I
must say. That's the single best
way I have ever heard that question
put.

"Are you into me?"

She could
(perhaps)
have put it with a bit more casual tone.
The phrasing was impeccable, but the execution, the
delivery, was very much less than "cool." As asked,
the answer mattered. The question
most definitely meant something. She asked
with something behind it, pushing forward. Not
in a forward way, necessarily, but
definitely with a point.
Pointed. Intent. Very intent, and, well,
maybe that was what she intended! In fact,
that's probably a fact. In fact I'm sure,
running it through my mind now,
that that
was probably how she wanted
to come across. So yes. It's not a criticism!
Just because 'proper form' on these things
is considered to be

to be
as aloof and cool
as one can be (when
asking a question like that!), well
- what if you don't want to be aloof and cool? Maybe
it's not an aloof question, for you. So if so, you put
that intent look
and calm but serious tone
there - as if to say, "Something
to ask you, here. This is
or may become
important."

(that's just a tone. Mind you
you didn't actually say that!) (hence "as
if to say")

- but well, that's kind of a grabber! Right?
So yes! Not a criticism. In fact, as I said

I have to say, that
was the single best way
I have ever heard that question

put.
Some people say, "do you like me?"

This sets the bar
far too low. The only non-affirmative
answer to that question would be "fuck
off." (or
tantamount to)

One girl asked me, "do you LIKE-like me?" Which - well,
that would have been fine, I guess, except - she's not
a girl. She's very much fully a woman. Are we in
high school? Do YOU 'like'-like
ME?

Of course! Very muchful!

If we resort to "are you

interested

in me?" I feel
like Mr. Spock. Who doesn't feel very much at all, but
he's very interested. Here
comes the quizzical eyebrow! I begin
to look for aspects of interest. "Fascinating,"

But here. Here you are, right here
In front of me now, and you (quite
pointedly) ask:

"Are you into me?"

and, Wow.

I have just nothing to say. So much

I mean, I wouldn't have thought so
before, or rather, wouldn't have thought about
it that way, but when you put it like that -

all of a sudden hey

...I kind of am.

Too late, you say.

I shouldn't even have had
to think about it.

No comments: