A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

the stars will have work

the stars will have work to do
in the sky tonight
for the sake of you
they had best shine hard
with sparkled spell
and cast a charm
of wistful bewitchment
that you will fall under
and into my arms

and I will catch you well
and keep you tight
and make you regret
every day and night
that you didn't know yet
that you were mine

and to thank those stars
I will spend tomorrow evening
sitting on West Cliff
as twilight comes on,
and as each star appears,
I will wish on each
with great gratitude and attention,
singling each out for mention
until the night is at its darkest
(which is just before dawn)
and I have wished on each and every one

a wish for nothing more
than what has been granted

No comments: