A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

gone round the world

we've gone round the world
again,
and you'll find your way back
to me
but it's going to be far
too late
by the time you get here
you'll see

I don't mean I'll be wasted
away
I don't mean I'll be lying
here dead
I'm just gone
round the world one way
and you've gone round the other
instead

we'll be bound to meet up
in the middle once more
with trajectory perfect
and timing assured
'cause we synchronized eyes
before we started out
and we synchronized pulses
and counted aloud
down from ten
back to zero
and then

we were gone

round the world
counterclockwise
and clockwise,
alone

No comments: