A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, September 05, 2009

blue and gold

I never much wish to be back in the past
but sometimes I'm drawn there without being asked
and I wake in a dream of locker-lined halls
and am shoved against one by a girl named Paul
I don't know why she's named Paul,
I don't know who she is,
but I'm not in her class
that's for sure, that's fo shizz
but such Snoopy Dogg Speak
is anachronist slang
I'd best muzzle that noise
if I don't want to hang
every time back in time
I awake in this dream
I spend miserable days
trying to pass without seem
if they get on the scent
if I let slip a clue
that I'm here from the future
I don't know what they'd do

so I bide my low profile
and try to blend in
I never was much good at that
even then

and I hum the school song
and I pass flying tests
and I wear blue and gold
and I wake up,
undressed

No comments: