A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 20, 2009

"the Sudden Valentine"

Your valentine eyes flicker,
lashes lashing out
with a flip disregard
of society's whims.
Why should two such beautiful eyes not stare?
Look all you want, you!
You,
with your tongue
sliding over a ridge of even white teeth,
as the spasm of a smile
tugs one corner of your lips. You
with your sultry, sultry gaze, and your
oh so scandalous ways. But oh, so prim
and proper now, are we? Well two can play
that game too, you slut! Albeit, not as well
as you do. No, never so well as that.
Take me!
with your swift motions
and sudden hands whisking, diving,
undoing worlds of inaction,
each flashing moment frozen
as if two lovers
caught forever,
set under glass, were freed
in one greedy moment.
Take me! and rock me!
wrap me in the rolling, naked embrace
of one night's passionate folds, searching
each other, exploring each other's every nook and cranny
as we melt like buttah. Yes, sex
is what I mean. Though I put it in an elegant way,
though I put it in an elegant place, right where you like it,
yes! Right there! There! Yes! Oh! Right in your
poem!

No comments: