A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, December 16, 2021

you had meat tacos

Saw a girl with a t-shirt once:
"YOU HAD MEAT TACOS"

Well damn
I mean I have had those.
That's a new low plateau
in insignificance elevated to
commodification, though
I thought! Doesn't even
say what meat! It makes
a difference. I was bemused

As I supposed I was
supposed to be.
Then

catching
perhaps my perplexity
from where she was?
She shifted and smoothed,
squaring herself:

"YOU HAD ME AT TACOS"

I was 
astonished 

and apologetic 
and - she laughed 

I could explain. She 
looked at it herself, said
yeah, the words were too

close 
together

damn it
I thought.
I want tacos

No comments: