A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 24, 2021

similar interests

I have a similar attitude! Sole
responsibility, straight to the grave. 
Gravity's okay. I approve it. The stars 
get it on upstairs like something mythic 

way out in the countryside
far from our own light, 
looking up.
The only way to explain that shit 
is lies.

Come with me. Take my hand. 
Lie with me. Tell me you love
100% and - I don’t consider
my love to overrule. Anyway,
works out cool.

I say we basically take face-value
and presume (first presumptuously
as hell, then in good time,
sumptuously): “good faith.”

We either get there apace
in straight aim and striding
time, or else we end
up firing wide
at each other's
sniper-scope skewed
displaced straw mockups
of thee and thine. Makes

for a terrible action movie. But this:

“If you fail to understand my fault,
the fault is mine alone.”

Just so.
And so, having no
authority to do any otherwise
whatsoever, I really

have such sensible basis
and cause 
to trail off

looking into where
your eyes should be. Which
is where mine should be. 

No comments: