A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Some fucker flew in

Some fucker flew in my red wine glass, 
and 
I didn't even notice. He'd been 
in there for a good little while 
before I saw. 
I found him in there, to the side, 
all dead. Had to be, I thought. He'd been 
fully immersed! So I held the wine 
away, to the side, and I fished him out 

he was wet and harder 
then I thought 
he would be. 
I thought 

"some moth?" 

I just didn't want
him to dissolve under 
my finger!  
I fished him out dead, 
and hard, and sad

and I flung him out
and down, and he hit
my leg 
and flew off

I couldn't even tell you 
what I have done

No comments: