A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 03, 2021

I keep getting scared of the bunny

I know its behind me but 
I won't look. It's a bunny, 
I can hear it in the bush, 
doing not its funny business
but straight-up bunny business, 
making a living like a bunny
boss. But it's eerie back there

behind my head 

it always was eerie back there.
That's where the devil stood 
watching without complaint 
as I throttled my conscience 
and became a man. 

Now 

there's a bunny! And 
I'm not going to look, because 
what if I turn around and oh 
shit 

it's a bunny! 

I mean, it's not going to be 
the devil. I'm out here on 
the screened in deck, immune 
in full view of all public eyes 
from the influence of diabolic
or even demonic incursion, even 

though I can't see a soul. 

Shhh, don't tell a soul, but 
I actually never could see 
one of those. S'alright. 
One can infer. 

Even as one can observe the stillness:

Backyards free of householders, no kids
cutting down and across the common
depression making for the pool this
December 3rd, not even in Florida,
on a colder day no doubt than hell,
does that guy come up here for this!

He only stands behind me to watch

whenever I 'throttle my conscience,'
the fucking pervert. 

It's a bunny back there, but 
in case it's an angel or something 

I'd rather respect its incognito. 
Besides, hey -
I think it's gone! 

thank god

No comments: