A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 20, 2021

the tough customer

I like my bacon done
on one side. Sunny-side 
eggs, and half-toast bread. 

Potatoes I can't even specify. 
They just do their best, wishin'
I was dead - since I only eat 
half of what I'm served. Keep 
the coffeepot coming, my mug 
half full, and the tip that I leave

will be well-deserved, and about 
twice as much as you thought I'd

pull. 

But come on, here's 
the very last diner in town 
that will even seat me, during
breakfast time! And breakfast 
is served all day, here now. 

Do you think I'd mistreat this
sweet spot of mine? Yeah the staff
and the cooks all think I'm square. 
Albeit a bit on the cuckoo side -
except for that one waitress, right 
there.

Took a fancy to me! You believe it?

Sigh. Yeah I didn't myself, but 
the dates went great! Until she found out 
how I like my women done. It's okay, 
we don't blame or hate. Compatibility 

is a son of a gun 
 

No comments: