A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

good faith man

When I speak.
There are no lines.
There is no thought! Just
mean and mark and aim between
sings magnetized as words unbidden 
fly to fit
and fit to fly
trip forth in truth
to mean. Truth honestly
is side-effect, and afterthought.
There's not
much lie in what I mean. 
Sincerity brings all of that, or else 
brings naught. It gets a bit 
obscenely fulsome, as I weigh 
how it all feels in measured tell, as well. 

I sometimes feel 
too much I fear.
And so sledge
hammers
out!
To ring doorbell. 
'ding-CRASH!' 

ah-whoops 
my bad 
my dear.

...and then interpretude
slips in. Not always - most times
no. It doesn't.
Much. You see
though, I

am

focused keen 
on just one meaning
I have got - 'cause that's my jam! 
but
then
my words
swerve to my ears. I realize

that what I said just then
bore more potentially

than only one. The one I meant.
Shazam. It's cool! 

We clarify at need. In my
experience, we can. 

Well all it takes is clarity,
sincerity and good faith, man!

No comments: