A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

find what I need?

How do I find what I need?
I look for "cannot do without." 
And thence for what then "must 
needs be," and thence to do. To find 
no doubt in ordering: break loose make
fast set free the thing I need! The it. The
ultimate! But 

if
must needs
are no can do's,

I settle in resentment's fit. And
busy my self in mere wants.

These, I find more bountiful. For
every where I look some lack
jumps out at me! To feel amiss
about the hole, and plumb what's
empty in the scheme, imagining
if it were full - now what could
fill that gap? Most everything?

But not just any
thing. 

There seems to be some tooth 
and claw and instinct mixed 
in wake and dream to goad 
us so insufferable. Well, 

It needs fixed. And

Need is animal.
Just so. Our wants
are what makes
humans being 
best they can,
and are, and wish, 
still in this hunt 
'til all our stars 
fall slumbering.

Let's all 
die rich
indeed,
good
man.

We might as well. 
For lack of want 
guides heavenly, 
while lack of need 
is death, and
bloody hell.

If we 

could only split 
the difference, 
it might come free.

And maybe you
plus maybe me 
could even tell
if it was worth
the pitch to sell.

the price we've paid
on rents we've made
in break-it bought-it
carousal
and
carousel

No comments: