A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 20, 2020

Serious As

The question, you'll forgive me, 
is too basic for seriousness. I take it 
as serious, mind you - I am not 
the sort of dimwit who finds insincerity 
in ignorance! One should never be skeptic
about ignorance - it's too easy to prove. 

And we gain nothing by such acid tests. 
You are serious, your question was serious, 
and I am sincere in response. There. You'll 
forgive me, though, one can be perfectly sincere 
in unserious matters. In fact, it's even easier! And 
this is one such. Let me lay it out for you, now 
that I'm done with the obligatory obsequious 
apology for my own sincerity! I shouldn't 

Apologize like that. I know. It's offensive, 
but I must sometimes. It is the price I charge 
myself for my abundant, high-quality supply 
of sincerity. No I'm serious. 

Who the heck would joke about that?

No comments: