A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 20, 2020

mr hot tips on the fly

First: Don't volunteer denials unasked. 

Second: Don't catch yourself
believing yourself so fast.

Third: Quit giving me that look! like
"Who the hell am I?" 

Fourth: I'm the cook
  
with the recipes! catching
all the chickens in the kitchen -
it is way too hot for them in there 
but I'm a bout to stick 'em
in my big, black boiling pot 
and call it all "kettle." Too many cooks 
spoil the broth,
but I don't!

I got the mettle and the will 
and the fettle and the skill 
and the waddle and the bill 
so duck! 

I got ill

Uh! 
Uh huh-huh,
huh-huh, huh huh 
pardon me "cough." 

That's more than what you asked I know,
you didn't even ask, I know you didn't
speak at all, I know. Sometimes

I go off 

No comments: