A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 20, 2020

Oblige.

Listen. I have almost no inhibition. 
It's been winnowed to unstoppable blocks 
or else full-blast gaps, and so many much
more of the last. So any inference 
or deduction of yours
based on "people wouldn't
say that unless" is just gas.
Sniff it all you want. Go 'head, 
fill up a bag and huff.  
I am prone, but not bound to laugh
like bells. You can see into me 
all that you want,

but it smells

When you take it for real, 
by not taking me so. 

Well, so what can we know?
You know? 

I think it would be better 
for each and both
if we go 

a little further on down this lane. 
In my experience, no one ever
comes back the same. You would have
to be much less sane 

than you appear 
to doubt me over any course of ground
in this game-not-game.
Or believe
I don't mean 
who I am in fact. 

Be is mine. Not seem. 

I'm not trying to convince you, though. 
I'm just sayin' 

a sound. 

There is action, 
but no,

no act. 

No comments: