A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, April 05, 2020

Identity Fraud

I pretended to be
myself for a week. Here's
what I discovered: people
don't care about the extreme limits
of human beauty and intelligence.
If they think you're someone you are,
they make all manner of insulting
assumptions, such as "Who's this
guy?" and "Who does he think he is?"
Right. I decided then and there
to unmask and humiliate these
fools, but was astonished
and humiliated to remember
I'd left the mask at home. You're
pretending to be yourself this week,
remember? Oh yeah, yeah okay
Some idiot prank, such as we've come
to expect no more, but okay.
One last one, big hurrah
no encores. But after I was able
to extricate myself from that one,
I bustled home like a fiend
and went straight for my mask - right
where I'd left it. It

had grown an entire new body.
Now I have no idea
who this fool thinks he is.

Seems basically okay though.
Not gay, either. Big surprise

so,
pretty useless.
I won't be doing that again.
Will I?

No comments: