A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, April 05, 2020

dream loss

I woke up with who knows what else
and turned my back
into pain. By rolling
over, I was able

But all I thought was you
had been a dream, and it made me

weird

arguing over how was best
and whose baby it would be
anyway, which

is weird
because I'm pretty sure the dream
wasn't about that. It made me

realize things
that would never change

except I forgot
how dream memory writes
to a different tape, erased
within minutes of waking
if no further action
is taken, such as

explanation
journaling
thinking out loud
- something
to fix it in place
in waking memory.

The serious kind. I failed
to do so
so

Now I wonder,
will the things that would never change
remain?

No comments: