A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

again the question

Her question was disturbingly familiar. It was
metaphysically one with the questions I had
been asked before, tormented in a moment
that passed forever, unable to answer
as the gears ground and wheels spun
and by the time my mind - in either
a fugue state, or a sort of loose
federation of fugue states each
considered free equals with a
technical degree of autonomy -
by the time I returned to
the moment, I realized

I had already answered.

And
I dunno.

It seemed to
have gone alright.
Been received well. But
what the hell could I have
said? I returned to myself

to your question.

to now.

For the first time,
I trust someone else enough.
I have already answered, and
you seem happy. Satisfied, so

I ask you, "Could you say that
back?" "What I just said?"

Perplexed, suddenly
suspicious

of being made a fool, you
sharply change the subject and
from there it all goes wrong, I should

have let it lie
or if it was the truth, I don't know
let it rest. Next time

Next time

No comments: