A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 24, 2024

The Smiths' How Soon Was Then (Not The Best Song In The World, then): a tribute.

"I go about things the wrong way!" S’okay,
I am human and unlike everyone else does,
seemingly I'd stay. Works right so far ’bout

seven times. Well, 
I’d much rather pull luck than
push weight or sell, or shift my position. Do tell.

From yours to mine? Oh, got a rhyme. "You shut
your mouth?"

How then can you say I am human and need
to be liked, okay? Hell no, I don’t need. And
I shall not want as a matter of pleasing aim
and wont. Yo, I aim from South Dang, N.J. 
Yank-style, oh. Just like anyone else? ERR

ERR, s'okay, go affray awhile,
or leave! Like a forest leaves ash.
Tell you: does it tickle inwardly, or
wrench all askew? Do it Boom 
Crash Opera's "Onion Skin"? Is it
shot hot pus like an abscess from
too-too within, like an operant chord,
like a cat-(Maine Coon)-fought

rhinoceros, scored and gored? Trust us.
Trust

this: trust
you. Any cat that
puffy, fangs and claws all
wigged-out hard is weighed 
too soon, while charging
right-yowl’d and without
No Doubt to bring some barked
hip too-late tune to bounce-dance
at. Go! Only to make friends, true! Well,
Ask any cat just how much they'd like to

make friends,
you.

Only two
make friends,
everthough. Yet that
was some cat. No crew:
solo. 
His name was

Frank. Now. 
Isn’t
a fact? 

Yes/No?

Then go. Take the burial, ground
to worm and bone under
tree: go

splat, 

Honcho.

No comments: