A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, May 25, 2024

"Just Fools"

It's been almost an hour since you made your choice, and you still haven't told no one. It's been almost a day since you got home, and you still haven't called no one. Well you can call me, and tell me everything you need to hear. And I'll come over, and faithfully repeat it back into your ear.

But we aren't lying to each other, 'cause we both know it isn't true. No we aren't fooled.
No we aren't fooled.

We're just fools.

It's been almost forever since I figured out the tradeoff that it's going to take. And it's been almost never since that fateful day that I haven't found you, right in my way. Well I can move you, like you've moved me --encircling ourselves in a dance. And we could lean into the centrifugal sway, and let our hands stray, and whisper commands, but we ain't lying to each other.

'Cause we both know it isn't true. No we aren't fooled, no we aren't fooled.

We're just fools.

I'm finding ways to delay all the things I have to say, to you. 'Cause I don't know what they are any more than you do but we both know they won't be true.

It's been almost an instant since my heart went right, after infinite stretches of wrong. It's been almost consistent how certainly fail follows certainty, certain and strong. Well, you could help me and I'd help you, to see where life has had us deceived,
and we can both pitch in with mortar and brick, strengthening the lie that we lead. But we aren't lying to each other, 'cause we both know it isn't true. No we aren't fooled. No we aren't fooled, we're just fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfSrJAuwnRY

No comments: