A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 24, 2024

Katful Song

My inner system's all flushed up 
and out, and her I stand surprised.
She's Kat. Full-stop, and I could give 
a fuck for all her caring,wise.
I stand 
or lay here wondering: why if,
why not, or was 
she calling mine?

My bluff, I guess it tried. Pull string to knot
some hopes, 
some all-for-once: 

surprise?  


Her dragonback drawn out in leaves
and twisty roots: no coffee, please.
And no I had no deft designs on her, but
simply slow and dense 
by grace with ease.
I've let her out, not in, so she can chart her
'course:


Slow dance.
At each one's pace:

no glance, no recompense.
For no damned horse. For if this is
but Love or War? 
I'll bow my head
to lop 
it off. Her voice in dulcet boom
bloomed bright: 
no wash, no chore, no cheer,
no score.

No fruit, no bud.
No weather vane or vain
to scoff at human blood, in anyone
she'd never pain.
She calculated night
right hard - 
but soft! So musical, this lass.

Some 
wunderkind! Well, it could go
aloft, come all the way to pass, but
better run aground. Go slow ashore,
we've found.

We're found.

Right there. 

In wreck of ships 
and twisted ropes, 
beyond all cares and brinks 
we'd fall to sandy
rest upon us all. 

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Originally:

My inner system's all flushed up
and out, and her I stand surprised.

She's Kat, full-stop and I could give
a fuck for all her caring whys. I stand
or lay here wond'ring why why not, or
was she calling mine? My bluff, my
hopes, my all-for-once:

Her dragonback is drawn in leaves
and twisty roots: no coffee, please.
And no I had no deft designs on
her, but simply slow and dense.

By grace with ease I've let her out, no
in, no she could chart her course:

Slow dance. At each one's pace:
no glance, no recompense. For no
just horse. For if this is

Love
AND is
War, I'll bow my head to lop
it off. Her voice is dulcet booms.
It blooms: no chore, no cheer, no
blossomings. No fruit. 'Tis vane
and vain to scoff at anyone she'd

ever know. Now, know: She
calculates night hard, but
soft. So musical, this
vunderkind it
could go

all the way to ground, but
better unaloft, we've

found we're
found.