A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, May 16, 2024

"That Kind-of World"

It rained, today. 
I kind of like the rain. 
But lots of people say 
it gets them down. 

So, just for them, 
I'll feel a little grey. 
Pitch in and spread some 
cloudiness around! 

Sometimes rainbows come 
in shades of gray, sometimes 
colours run into a swirl. Life 
is blind, but it's 

That 
Kind of
World. 

I feel asleep, and 
woke a bit too late. 
It shouldn't irritate 
me but it does. 

I threw on my coat, 
and then I ran outside, 
to tell the day how beautiful 
it was. 

Sometimes life is more 
than you can take. Other 
times it's less than you 
deserve. Change your mind, 
it's just 

That kind of world. 

I used to be dependent 
on my friends. To pick 
me up whenever I was 
low. But now, I see. 
It's best to please your 
self. You can't depend 
on help when you're 

alone. 

Happiness is bright enough 
to find: missing stripes 
in ragged flags unfurled.
You can't hide, it's just. 

That kind 
of world.  

No comments: