A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, February 23, 2023

hard pressed easygoing

Your response unexpected 
opens up worlds I never 
meant. My word
hangs fire on tongue,
suspense between two 
levels, 
two lines, 
held by your eyes.
No clue there.
You may

mean one.
Or playfully,
both! Or neither,
for fuck's sake did
I imagine it? And if
so - what! 
So,
I'll choose, 
I know I will. It's only
a split-second in by now,
before I leap, a flying
wild stab with a blindfold,
but
not
blind.

If I aim the right line
it will be effortless, carefree 
and infallible like a thing 
preordained. It I aim 
the wrong line, all
the meaning in
the world this
moment could
shut not tight
but close. So

I have to play it out
of left field. Play by irony,
which I never do.  

Ironic. 
I have to read the possible 
levels, calibrate, cross-relate 
and run probability analysis 

HAHAHA cancel cancel 
I just thought of a comeback
that works regardless
- diagonally! 

Elapsed lag 1.9 seconds 
no new world record, 
almost to the grin pause - 

okay, shoot!  

Good job/okay job? 
Appears to have hit! 
- oh shit, now that's
a comeback.
Wow 

What did that 
mean? 
   

No comments: