A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

everylady dancing

What if every lady I ever met 
and fancied a look or what
else I could get were
collected en masse 
in a nude
discotheque,
grinding and twerking
and working a sweat while I hung
just suspended above the dancefloor,
in a slow-twirling airborne glass cage, 
with my meat on display like a sex 
zoo exhibit galore?

My hands grip 
the bars - my eyes frantic, implore 
someone anyone! Please get me
out of this, or

I will rage in the cage,
and the glass may break!
And - look. falling glass? That
sounds dangerous, mate. Falling me,
too! Smack! Slapping into
that crowd
of happy nude every
lady I'd rather not injure, 
somehow.  

Anyway, what if that? So what?
What if then? 
What would I do, hotshot? 
And when? And 
how would I know 
to go docile or rogue? 

I tell you what I'd do.
I'd vogue
vogue
vogue

No comments: