A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, March 09, 2020

I'm crying

There are tears on my face
I just noticed, and I want
to get up and show someone,
and reassure them: "I'm crying"

"But it's okay. I didn't even
notice. Crying is just something
my eyes do sometimes. It's

no big deal"

But there's no one to show
at the moment. There are people, but
they seem kind of busy. Anyway

it would really be better if they walked in
and saw
and said "Joe! What's wrong
you're crying?" Then I could be like

big cheerful smile through the wet
tears! "Sorry! I didn't notice

it's just my eyes
they do this sometimes, plus
I'm manly as fuck and don't give
a shit, you know"

- it would be a more effective
reassurance as a rebuttal, versus
me seeking them out. But nobody

notices, nobody cares

and the worst part is
I've stopped crying. My face
isn't even wet anymore

really. Just
kind of tacky.

No comments: