A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, September 21, 2012

try.

Is it even sense
can a person worthily try, try hard
without purpose
or intent
or end result in mind to achieve? Can a person
just TRY HARD?

In GENERAL?!

And not actually be trying
to create some further end
result by that try?

Well fuck. If not,
then that's why I'm awesome.
Because I do, and
I can.

And the result WORKS. Fuck attempts
at outcomes, fuck
such things, they are beneath me, fuck
far beneath me, if I'm honest. I TRY
WAY
HARDER
THAN THAT. Good luck
if you think your "purpose," so directed and driven
can deliver a better result.

Point is:
I try so hard.
I recommend you
try it for a change,
if you haven't already.

You may be surprised at
what purposes, better than yours, you achieve
by giving the uncharted seas of your unsteered boat
every inch of your back and shoulders, projected
down back and out along every one of your oars. Don't
worry about rocks and reefs, it's a metaphor!

you're not even at sea, buddy!

You should get out there, maybe.

No comments: