A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

old with you

as we forget each others' names
and sink into our mental haze
our feeble limbs will clutch and grasp
remembered strength, in one embrace

our milky eyes will search and scan
our faces, so confused and drawn
and I will wonder who are you
so beautiful, familiar one

and though you cannot place my name
I'll see and know that you are mine
because you'll guess from beyond time
that you once knew: you're meant for me

and you can be the cauliflower, I will be the broccoli
I want to vegetate with you persistently,

persistently.

No comments: