A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 10, 2012

"Tumbledown"

really
you are
perfect
you are

perfect
really
I don't mean
"no scars"

I don't mean
no wrinkles
no foibles
no flaws

'cause all of
your aspects
contribute
to awe

you hold yourself above it all
I guess I do as well
you should come down, to take a stroll
stretch your legs a spell
you're beautiful on pedestal,
but better still on ground
you're out of reach -
I can't quite see you
tumbledown

tumbledown
I can't quite see you 
tumbledown
oh to be near you
tumbledown
what if we two
tumbledown
tumbledown
tumbledown 
oh you don't have to 
tumbledown,
but if you tumbledown, 
if you tumbledown
I will catch you

clearly
you've been
a godsend
to me

don't want to
critique you
or bite where
I feed

but total
immersion
the world can
be great

you ought to
dive into
it's almost
too late

from where you stand, above it all
the view is quite sublime
from where I stand, look up to you
well what could be more fine
You're beautiful - from tip to toe
we're earth and heaven-bound
the two could meet,
if only we could
tumbledown

tumbledown
a perfect day, too
tumbledown

tumbledown 
it's on our way, too
tumbledown 
tumbledown 
tumbledown
oh you don't have to
tumbledown,
but if you tumbledown,
if you tumbledown,
I will catch you

you're out of reach - but I need you
I guess that problem's mine.
but I suspect the air up there
is rather more thin than fine
you separate, for goodness sake
but good is to be found
when you dive in,
like everything, just
tumbledown

tumbledown
maybe we could
tumbledown

tumbledown
do us both good
tumbledown
tumbledown
tumbledown
oh you don't have to 
tumbledown
but if you tumbledown
if you tumbledown,
I will catch you.

No comments: