A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

coach my inevitable sniper

Man, I'm so thick-headed
my skull's got bullets embedded
couldn't get in past my thoughts
of you - I think hard - my scars are like,
leaded! I said you'll be heavy indebted
to the truths that you get from me, ruthlessly
which is true, and they will keep you
from delusion at least, 'til you disillusion me,
but you might have to punch that point through
with the steel-jacketed, armor-piercing rounds,
'round about when the thought finally comes down
"hey, this guy - he's " fill-in-the-blank with
whatever straw sucked the camel's tank dry
like a stolen milkshake. It's still
one shot one kill, just:
you have to use the serious ammunition
and while we're at it: keep your gun clean and oiled!
disassemble, wipe down, reassemble, know it well, tend it
with a loving hand, because when it's time for
steady,
ready,
trigger-pull
you don't want a jam

No comments: