A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

name turning

my favorite name is turning into yours.
I turn it in my mind
from front to back
and forth,
it runs along
without a trip,
but "trippingly" as they all say,
from off
the tongue,
I've oft repeated it - I find
myself so absent, mind
has made up little songs to fit
your name into, my tongue around,
a perfect fit! - I love the sound, the sense
I like the weight of it,
in consequence
when certain sentences
(with your name interposed)
gain greater depth and heft,
while those
of other sentiments
(with your name added in)
so lightly traipse, so graceful, deft,
more like a dance with turn and dips,
more like uplift than any rose
that ever was attached to name -
before I started putting yours
where it now lives, upon my lips

I must confess a secret blush
of secret shame,
a hidden bliss

a confidence,
a drawing close,
and then a hush:

a stolen kiss

your name is laid where it belongs, across my lips

No comments: