A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 16, 2012

Invasion: Me

This is my house.
This is my life,
my territory by deed and right,
and I have it dead
to rights, I am

going in:

going in! go! go
the signal, the alarm,
synchronized, watch to warning
coordinate and unleash harm,
scorning incoming fire,
beat back all defenses
inch by piece, by yard
by the mile will yield,
the battlefield
laid bare to artillery eyes,
undone
by hands digging in
like armored divisions,
as my intentions crawl over all,
like infantry

map out a plan
of sneak attack: blitz
this
sodden and beleaguered wreckage
into beaten submission, into beaten
shape, using
well,
brute force,
main strength,
atrocity, if need be
everything as necessary: this fort
will be leveled, laid open to
advance

and there will be no more

shame. In love and war, we all die
heroes, here. We come, marching
like ants.

History is won

by we: who shall write this
book.

No comments: