A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 16, 2012

"Bitch, You Don' Love Me No Mo'"


Bitch,
you don' love me no mo'.
I can tell it
from how you're never lovin' me
I can smell it
on your shoulders, and
the crook of your neck
I can see it
from the look in your eyes, which is called:
'away';
that look is called 'away'
I have seen that look, baby, and I
know what it means.
you look away from me, baby
I mean bitch. Baby, I don't mean
that you're a "mean bitch," no
because you aren't. Or a cold bitch, no - you
aren't that either. But in fact, you are a bitch,
in fact you are one of the most delicious bitches in existence, and in fact
I only said "one of" because of the plural. "One of the most delicious
bitches in existence." Sounded a little better than "the most delicious bitch
in existence," but either way - that bitch is you, baby, you are
one hells of a hot bitch, bitch!
I mean, baby.
bitch, you got me all confused.

baby I have to say
hey
what the hell happened? to this love of ours
this love of yours
that you used to have for me
which made it mine, and
which I gave right back to you,
which then made it ours, but
the whole transaction, maybe it got confused
but to me it made perfect, perfect, sense
sense sense sense sense. Like evidence
proved in court, with a unanimous jury to tell the judge
what's what. And yes
they say that love is a bitch, baby,
but baby:
if that's so,
I will take you
over that bitch,
every damn day in a row. If only
I could. But baby,

you don't love me no mo'

No comments: