A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

remember me, when you win

when you win
remember me
the one who did believe in you
who looked away from what you did
and only saw what you could do

remember me
the fool you fooled
who used to be your biggest fan
defending you from every slight
imagined or substantial blight

you think you can, I know you can
and though you ran roughshod upon
my faith and trust and confidence
I'm on my feet
to cheer you on

to cheer you on
to cheer you on
and though you wouldn't want to see
the things you've done
they're in my eyes
so shining bright
remember me

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Incredibly poignant and filled with good karma.