A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the pattern comes after

I didn't expect a surprise,
from you today
but I guess that's redundant
even to say

by definition: you
are the one who comes through
steady, dependable, confident
you

and I should have too.

there's no point in tracing some intricate way

I guess
I know

it's just how it is
it's just how it goes
or in retrospect - it's just how it went.

there's no point in tracing some theory on how
or why, or to what underlying extent
there were reasons for it.

because I know this:
that I could have straightened it out,
with a twist
and a kiss
or a flick
and a wish or command
if given a chance

(but I had every chance

to straighten it out
and I didn't, so
damn).

Just looking it
over
just look at it
now

it is simply
completely

unfixably

bent.

Well, I guess it was time

it was time

to give up

it was time -

walk away

- it was time

well spent.

No comments: