A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, June 06, 2010

as I live and breathe

the best feeling in the world,
is leaving
a party or show,
downtown late
at night or
early morning
with the fun
seeping out of my pores
into the warm night air.

I parked far away
as I always do
so I take a long walk
and I fish out my keys
and I trip just a bit
from the curb, but
the world straightens out so quickly, and
I stop,
suddenly,
and appreciate my balance.

And I am sober. And so
grateful, relieved. And I
may not be
safe in this world,
but I can
in this moment feel
at least,
that I am neither
in danger,
nor
a danger.

I can drive home with my eyes open,
loving what I see

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

This one's beautiful.