A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

no place like

this is where my life used to be
I drove these roads
blind
straight like a shot
every time, found my way
to where you used
to wait

now,
blinded by street signs
I used to know
I followed your old way home,
'til I couldn't find mine
anymore

because there's no safe
right place
at the end,
anymore
and that's fine

she doesn't live here
any more, and
what are you looking for?

I've never looked for anything. But
now,

I will.

go,

look
- slow,
not a race.

I want to be home.
I've never been home,
it sounds like a wonderful place

No comments: