A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 16, 2010

an answer

you see, I pray a lot
I mean no, I don't pray a lot
I don't know if I pray or not
it's more thought,
on the infinite topic,
a talk

yes of course - a bit one-sided, I know
have I seen, heard - a vision? a voice?
thank God no! I'd be pleased not to be
blessed quite so much as that
I like my miracles flat

but every long once in a while
that talk
hits a snag that I can't see
to work free myself
- it resolves itself to a plea,
to a prayer.

and last night I asked you
to help.

you were there

1 comment:

Chicken Maker said...

This poem had a nice rhythm, and a meaning that wasn't deep and confusing which is always appreciated. I like your style.