A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 20, 2023

home run bat day

I am out there crying 
literally crying on the 
garden deck, because 
I broke my bone right 
straight through the sliced 
shin skin from a lack of
balance and impact, running
to catch and stop in time, and
my feet got so worn through
from walking, 

in my trademark elbows-out
ducky-dumb cakewalk strut,

just to show the kind people who
took me home, and apologized for
not getting there first. All the water

in the world 
outpoured, and all
the good dogs 
barked up a storm, and all
I need
or needed
was you just now, to 

come in, and nick
time, and break 
my hot hot head
open to cool and
warm 

before
my usual huge home 
run bunt sacrifice bunt play, which 

to be fair, has never quite done
been 

born. 

But I will step up,
and make it today, since
there's no other way 
to make symphony

form

No comments: