A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, November 02, 2023

fan stance two: MK Ultress

Maggie Koerner is insanely
beautiful BECAUSE she
looks exactly like
two other women I know
and love and neither one
resembles the other, and
because her dog is an insanely
big huge benevolent fluff
monster of (evidently) love,
joy, dog virtues, and above
and below all: because

I can't even
that voice
her gift
on the songwriting tip
off the insouciant
cock of her just-so 
outthrust to-the-side HIP
in a dance move
I couldn't do myself if I
damn
can't even put to words,
her.

That's why I fan

when words fail me, IT'S
TIME to get a road
on the ticket, pick a spot
and save me a space
in the merch line, because

to be a real fan surely
requires at least two (2)
purchases in support

of a living artist.

Or any amount of purchases
in the vain support of a dead
act's damn financial heirs
and assigns. Living

trust me

trust M.K.

is better

No comments: