A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, July 29, 2023

existential advertising

People have started to hate 
the word and even the thought 
of it. It's called life, and I know 
why. I know what has turned
so many of us against it lately.

Nah, no, naw I'm kidding. I don't. 

Probably it's just misplaced priority
or expectation or something. I mean

on most scores, what you see is kind of
what you get, but half the time you walk 
right into a humid stink of pro-existence
propaganda, all doily and lacy, drooping
like overripe peaches cut up and topped
with dollops of fresh local honey, finished
with chocolate jimmies, and then when

your turn comes 

- where's my sweetness? Conclusion: 
bullshit, say a lot of people. I think 

that's why.

Just a guess

No comments: