A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, April 30, 2022

The man with two hands

The man with no fingers 
was chasing me, but 
he couldn't catch up 

just bat my back 
with his fingerless hands,
it was creepy enough. So 
I ran and ran 

and began to gasp 
as I cracked my plan 
and examined it. 

I'd found this guy 
breathing down my back 
with his noses for eyes 
and elbows for thighs 
a time or two, 
maybe three before
- I was sure.

He was hard 
not to recognize. But 

I couldn't make out 
what to do about him. 
Should I stop? Turn around, 
make nose contact? I bet 

he'd pretend I'd been 
chasing him.

I will not 
put up 
with a thing like
that. 

No comments: