A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 29, 2022

lesser length

I don't know how to go on
at lesser length. 
The topic came up. 
I can see it through!
These things come in.
They are part of it. 
Not lesser nor greater, 
just thorough and true. 

In person, one person 
can stop my mouth
with only their eyes, 
or a shift of poise. 
I see they have something 
to say to this. 
The edgewise I give 
is a shining void. 

Without someone there
to tag me out
and tag themselves in, 
I get lost on the way. 
I don't know how to go
on at lesser length. 
I don't know how much
of all that comes in 
I don't need to say.

No comments: