A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, April 04, 2022

Bright as pitch

I can bring light 
you can bring heat to the world 
we can each do it differently 
I love it when people buy books to burn 
that's a win-win all around you see 

I got a sales pitch 
to a publisher 
I am sure oh so sure 
about the marketing plan 
and if they buy in 
we got a blockbuster 
this'll be the hottest book 
all across the land, if you 

Burn my book, please
- organize a bonfire,
gather all your friends
Burn my book, please
- mackin' on s'mores and 
dancing like you're pagan 
Burn my book, please 
- buy up all the copies, 
promise you to print more
Burn my book, please 
Stand up! Speak out! 
Support your local bookstore


No comments: